A man I consider a friend, Andrius Kulikauskas, is actively focused in helping allay the crisis in Kenya, which is teetering back-and-forth between order and chaos, with violence rendering a great deal of unnecessary destruction.
If you're reading the headlines, and wondering how you can help, here's the short list:
- Send them mobile phone airtime (see: KenyansToCall) (which they can share with others and trade for food, medicine, transport) SendingAirtime https://mamamikes.com
- Make phone calls to Kenya: KenyansToCall (The simplest way to help right now is to make phone calls to Kenyans and send SMS messages. We are making a list and encouraging calls (note that Kenyan time is GMT+3 and the country code is +254. Check the price per minute. Recommended: Skype https://www.skype.com).
- Write to your foreign minister: https://www.avaaz.org/en/kenya_free_and_fair/
- Join this chat: https://www.worknets.org/chat/
- Join Samwel Kongere's email group: https://groups.yahoo.com/group/mendenyo/
- Help create posters, peace songs, and videos for Kenya, to get the word out.
- Share this letter (post it to your blog, send it to your friends).
- Contribute money for Kenyan "independent thinkers" by PayPal to email@example.com or directly with credit card (Note: Andrius oversees this account directly, which is distributed to trusted leaders "on the ground" who can put the funds to direct, positive use).
Adapted from, and more information available, here: https://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?HelpKenyans